View Single Post
Hi,

I ported the official owncloud command line client to the n900. This means
that the libraries
qtkeychain
ocsync
are now available and can be used to implement a GUI. The advantage of porting the official sources is that the risk of data loss or bugs regarding the file handling is small. I tested the client for a couple of weeks and did not find any problems.

In order to install the owncloud command line client, install mirall from extras-testing. Furthermore, I provide a desktop icon and a small script to start the command line from the desktop in the package simple_oc.

Usage of simple_oc
Use the SimpleOwnCloud icon. Upon the first launch, you will be asked for username, password and url of your owncloud server. You can edit this information directly in the file
Code:
/home/user/.simple_oc.cfg
. In order to run it regularly, just add the following entry in alarmed:
Code:
/usr/bin/simple_oc
Bugs
Files on FAT filesystems might get immediately synced back once (and then distributed onto other clients) since the file access time is
only 2s precise. No data loss or corruption, but waste of data rate. EDIT: It seems, the file crawler "tracker" is responsible, too. This has to be investigated.

owncloudcmd crashes if parameters are in slightly wrong format!

For bug tracking, log files are created in /home/user/.oc_log/ and kept for 30 days.

Last edited by hypnotoad123; 2014-08-22 at 00:09.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to hypnotoad123 For This Useful Post: