View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
I understand you. Right now I only have VisualStudio2012 installed :-) but when I reinstall qtSDK I don't mind mixing it on my primary OS. It does not do too much harm.
Yes, a single QtSDK doesn't harm. But at least for Symbian I need to install the old one because at the new QtSDK is no Symbian target anymore. But for my MeeGo stuff I would like to use the new one with the newest QtCreater and I would say I need also the newest SDK later this year when Jolla arrives. At BlackBerry I have the Beta3 of the Native Cascades SDK but want to install the old stable native SDK too because I want to try some stuff on my Playbook which doesn't support Cascades. And I wan't to try in the future the newest QNX stuff in QtCreator which is currently in a early state. Mesing on a running machine is always a pain, at least for me.
So I thought I could get rid of all my problems by using VMs. Oh, I were so wrong...

Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
But back on-topic: I don't know how exactly USB connection works for N9 since I did not really use it! But you should be able to connect/disconnect each USB device to one (virtual)machine at a time, so try that. I cannot help You with USB very much since I don't have SDK installed right now, and that crap (honestly) takes hours to install.
As I wrote at twitter the N9 usb icon doesn't show up at the VM. Not even in the Massstorage mode. I don't know why, the BlackBerry is there but I'm unable to reconnect it to the VM since the host is blocking it instantly. I messed already more than 2 hours with the driver (deactivating, uninstalling ...) before writing this post. Nothing worked, if it is uninstalled windows is blocking it because it is searching for drivers.

So I guess the only finally working and best solution for every dev device I have here would be to make the different subnets visible to all devices in my network. Don't know why, google delivered so far only very confusing stuff... but I guess this is doable.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.