Thread: N900 vs ??
View Single Post
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
Since I am a new shopper here, and I have yet to place an order for the N900, I had to ask, what if any other items on the market right now (not coming out, but available now) can be used for direct comparison to the N900?

I've seen people compare them to an iPhone but... seems apples to oranges there.

Is there a comparable product? If not a direct competitive offering, is something close enough to compare?

Now, I do understand that since this is a handheld product that runs Maemo and yes you can run linux on various PDA/Smartphone products but since the N900 is a shipped product with Linux, does that make it unique enough to not have a real comparable competitor?

I have to ask as it feels like I'm looking at the only hydrogen car on the market while checking out the N900.
Hehe - i think your comprison is a good one

This is a new beast

But it does all depend on the user and what you want.....
Ignoring the tablet side, as i assume you need phone functionality - then a few starters are:
The
Motorola Milestone/Droid
HTC HD2
Iphone 3GS
Palm Pre
Satio

There are others that are good at a few things
Pixon
Omnia

As with every purchase - list the pro's and cons for you
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -