View Single Post
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Yes. And falling back on "well, I raised it at the Council meeting so it's now not my problem" may be factually accurate, but it's not exactly helpful.

I'm not going to blindly quote "voting is covered". The exact exchange allows one to see exactly where communication has fallen down. Again.

-- http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclo...04-17T18:56:27

I'm guessing that SD69 didn't confirm the dates. If he did, X-Fade seemed to think he was offering to help with the technical aspects of the vote (the bits that dneary did in the past); not all the comms work (the bits the Council did in the past). If he didn't, X-Fade would've been waiting for the next step from Rob.

I'm assuming that there wasn't a follow-up email (there wasn't to maemo-community) confirming the dates and if everything was lined up. It's not leadership, nor management, to point - like a lawyer - to the exchange above and say "not my fault" when it is clearly the Council's job to ensure the next election happens and happens smoothly.
Instead of explaining what happened, how can we fix it and make things right?

Voting time has started and is almost finished and we still don't have votes. This is clear that it's a lack of organization and pre-planning on our (the maemo communities) behalf. This is something that should be dealt with, in the next council.

That aside, how can we rectify this situation as quickly as possible?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: