View Single Post
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
I am working on getting Ubuntu 10.04 booting on my N900 and so far i am able to boot into a console login, but my system shuts down due to the twl4030 hardware watchdog (I'm using the same watchdog package that Jebba's fedora12 port is using, however i seem to be having some issues with /etc/init.d/n900_wd setup - /dev/twl4030_wdt doesn't seem to exist early in the boot process when it should, thus /usr/sbin/wd_keepalive can't ping twl4030, leaving twl4030 to assume that the system needs to shut down). I'll hopefully be able to resolve this problem soon, so we can 'get the ball rolling' on Ubuntu-N9X0.
Will you be interested in trying to get the Netbook Edition desktop running? I just have thought about that for two weeks now, and I cant get it out of my head how awesome it would be if in fact it worked well, seeing that the LXDE which has a similar layout to Gnome runs well, I dont see how it would not function relatively mostly as expected.

EDIT:
Also I see in the link in your sig that gnome seems to looks nice too on the small screen

Last edited by Siggen; 2010-04-27 at 00:33.