View Single Post
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I'd prefer to have scratchless development if possible for us all...
consequently I have done some digging..because I remembered seeing something very specific..after hunting..found this:
http://rbelem.info/2010/01/14/maemo-...ut-scratchbox/
haven't tried it yet for fremantle..it has been 5 years since this post....hopefully it ends up being snarl-free.
If it is feasible to adapt instructions to diablo and bora (for 770 hacker edition 2007) then this would be a huge headache gone.
What do you want to do with this environment? Actually run graphical applications? Or just build packages?

I tried something similar about a year ago. schroot makes some of this easier. I couldn't get the graphical environment to come up because of dbus problems. However, the blog post you reference bind-mounts /var/lib/dbus into the schroot. I'm pretty sure I didn't do that. So that may make the difference.

However, even if this works, don't we run into the problem where modern Xephyr doesn't work for us? I forget the detail, but last time I tried to run a maemo app on my x86 box I needed to run Xephyr in an ancient Ubuntu VM. Do you have a solution for that problem?