View Single Post
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Don't get me wrong, I know it's not trivial. I've spent 10 minutes to review his changes really quickly and noticed there are only ~10 files which need to be edited (including ones which require only #include<SDL_OpenGL.h> line removal), and I've done some OpenGL ES programming in the past (mainly 1.1, but also some 2.0 including custom far-from-standard shaders), so I may use my free time to code for Maemo again (I was inactive for almost an year now on this platform, I'm sorry, Guys). Aapo - great work, as szopin said I wrote this post simply to ask if you, Aapo, know about any blocks of code (apart from ones mentioned by you in link quoted by me previously) which may relay on getConfig()->useOpenGL check, because you know the code already.

Do you think it's not worth trying? I hate not to use hardware acceleration when it's available and could be used, maybe it would be worth just to put less stress on the cpu and more on gpu? offtopic - could you update OpenTH thread with some information about new releases? The game reached next stage of development, so maybe you could announce it again and advertise more here on TMO? great work javispedro and great thanks - for all your work on entertainment software on Maemo platform!

edit 2 : Oh, forget the CorsixTH part - now I see there was some activity in that thread, I've just missed that.
Sorry, didn't want to sound prickish/dickish, just that many opengl->gles projects die out due to complexity, if you have the knowhow/experience in such porting... pls pls pls take a look at armagetron advanced (halfway (maybe 3/4ths?) there thanks to voodoo): https://code.launchpad.net/~aavoodoo

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: