View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
This led me to the conclusion, that we might want to have our community led mirror/fork of the official "open-source for ivory towers" MeeGo releases, that has:
- own public available repositories with stable content, that does not get moved/deleted unexpectedly

- own OBS available to community (like maemo.org cauldron-builder)

which may be used to build community led codelines.

Ie. I'm wanting to build MeeGo core based Fremantle clone. Anyone interested is welcome to join.
I can think of people wanting LXDE build on such community MeeGo core, of Harmattan ported to MeeGo once it is released.
Two comments, because I think there might be a duplication of efforts:

Paths were moved around to make way to permanent solution for having repositories in the right place from 1.0 and onward. Codedrop was never meant to be permanent. The two directory patterns were incompatible and the first one didn't scale. A choice had to be made and that's the scalable version now seen on repo.meego.com.

Why build your own OBS when work and servers are underway for exactly these types of things in the combined MeeGo and maemo.org community OBS?

Besides that - if you want to make an alternative Hildon or LXDE UX on top of MeeGo Core or spin your own MeeGo deriative, go ahead!

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-06-22 at 13:37.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: