View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Once i read a command on this forum to temporarily suspend those watch-doggy style scripts to just give enough time to swap batteries, but i do not find it now.
Also because of the magnet for the external card, you do not want to try this at all with swap on an external partition!
Yup. The idea was/is to "stop bme" and then make your N900 consume as little power as possible (offline, nothing running, etc.). Supposedly you get a couple of seconds to swap batteries.

Although I cannot prove it anymore in one of my many attempts at unbricking one of my N900s (see around http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=450) I could easily turn on my N900 being plugged but without battery and type stuff at the U-boot console and (attempt to) boot the kernel.

I'm talking MANY seconds, not 1 or 2. Obviously this may (or may not) have had an impact in my failure to unbrick it. Probably the poor thing was in some electrostatic limbo (after leaving it rest a few months I successfully unbricked it..)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: