View Single Post
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, appreciated :-)

@gsever; Yes, that's possible. Note that you need both one or more offline routing maps (downloadable by country in the configuration dialog of monav in the routing dialog) and the map tiles. They can be downloaded using the "Download Region" dialog. It allows to download either a rectangular region (visible map region) or tiles along the route.

Maps are downloaded to /home/user/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps/
We have plans to share the OpenStreetMap tiles downloaded with other applications by reusing the /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/ directory. This may already be doable manually if you use ext4 for the flash memory and create an appropriate symlink in /home/user/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps/earth/openstreetmap => /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I.

@zimon: When does that crash happen exactly? Could be a Qt bug indeed given the rather long backtrace in Qt libs.

@Maruzko: Audible announcements aren't done yet, only textual ones. I hope to have it soon though, either via tts or via prerecorded audio files. It can't make it into 1.0 though as that one is feature frozen.

@zvogt: Can you give some details when crashes occur? Which map theme and which projection are you using? What have you done at that time, e.g. zooming, panning, calculating routes or similar.

The driving instructions view in the routing dialog indeed has the scrolling problem you describe. Qt doesn't handle the two scrollable widgets nice here. The only workaround is to use the keyboard for navigating through the driving instruction at this time. I hope the competing scrolling will be fixed in Qt.
I'm not aware of any other menu with such a problem though. Please report if there are others.

I'm working on supporting imperial units now. It won't get a GUI though, but rely on the locales used. One thing I'm not sure about is which distance values should be presented in feet and which in miles. Looking at other applications, there doesn't seem to be a consistent way: Sometimes only miles are used, sometimes values shorter than one mile are presented in feet. Is there some "correct" way to do it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post: