View Single Post
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I usually get 3 full days (72 hours) before I recharge (normally with 10-15% or so left), though I'm a "light" user (only GSM, EDGE connected about 10 hours a day, WLAN 2-3 hours, mostly e-mail, NewsFlow and a bit of xterm).
I suppose I could disable WLAN for a few days and see if it changes anything. I don't consider myself a heavy user; I mainly use the "smart phone" features to get notification about email, IM messages and to establish an SSH connection to my home computer when needed. I hardly use the device to read or write emails or to chat over IM. Likewise, I don't really spend time on phone either.

ProfilesX
ProfilesX definitely looks better from outside using libprofiled and all. I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks.

I use erminig-ng to sync with google calendar. Two local calendars <-> two google calendars. Works perfectly, although I try to avoid all-day events (different phones, different servers, different protocols -- they all manage to f**k up such entries) as well as repeating events (hey, life is less boring that way .

I still have not tried syncevolution for calendar sync'ing (but I do use it for sync'ing with google contacts - works well except for a few quirks).
I tried to use erminig(-ng?) 0.2.12, but I kept having tons of duplicate calendar entry in both local and remote (google) calendar. Sync evolution worked far better, but could only synchronise a single calendar. I trust there's a way to hack around that, though.

If you have Windows you can use OVI Suite to load as many countries as you like. Works well, but no voice navigation (but see the thread about it). I also use Marble and highly recommend it.
I'm not interested in voice navigation as I don't have a car, but having offline maps (with street names and search capability) of places I plan to go would be great. Thanks for the hint, I'll have a look at Marble.

I tried using OVI suite to transfer data from my old phone to N900, but Windows running in VirtualBox could not install required drivers for it. It would see the device but that's about it. By the way, Windows 7 image Microsoft kindly provided to people to play with before its official release now says it's an illegal copy. I know Microsoft said that version would start shutting down after a few hours of use after certain point in time, but they never said the version would suddenly become "unauthentic copy". ;-)

I wouldn't try to push it. Too low voltages, smartreflex and all those crazy speed/battery patches are just time bombs.

I use KP47, MIN 250 MAX 805, voltage as in "LV" profile. No VDD1/VDD2.
Never had a spontaneous reboot (but once had to turn off the N900 when testing an alpha version of Firefox, probably should have waited a minute or so).
Originally, I took a copy of LV profile and started lowering 250 MHz voltage. After a few days I noticed a pattern with broken WLAN connection and brought the voltage back up. I figured that if SmartFlex doesn't cause any trouble, it also won't make the battery life any worse. Then again, I'll just have to try and see.

Good luck and enjoy the N900!
Thanks. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to wnd For This Useful Post: