View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Tranlations!
It is now possible to translate more or less everything visible in modRana and the strings can be translated via Transifex:

https://www.transifex.com/martink/modrana

There are already very active translation effeorts for Swedish, Spanish, French and Czech (thanks a lot to everyone involved! ) and more translators are definitely welcome!

I've added some languages based on download statistics from OpenRepos (Jolla Store unfortunately doesn't provide any such information :P) and if the language is not yet listed just request it and I'll promptly add it. Same thing for adding translators.

For anyone wanting to experience modRana in their native language (well, as long as your native language is Czech, Swedish, French or Spanish ;-) ), there are testing packages available from OBS:

http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...rmv7hl/noarch/

Translations will of course also start to be a part of the "official" builds going to OpenRepos and Jolla Store in the near future.

Decomissioning the old Qt 4/QtQuick 1.1 GUI
The old Qt 4 based QML GUI was originally written for the Nokia N9/N950 and was the first non-GTK modRana GUI. Later on I've also got it running on the N900 with a horrible series of hacks.

Unfortunately the Qt 4 GML GUI never really reached feature parity with the original GTK2 GUI and I have basically not touched the code in ages, as I've focused on bringing the Qt 5 based QML GUI to feature parity and beyond.

So I want to ask - is someone still using the Qt 4 QML GUI on the N900 ? That's at the moment basically the only platform where the Qt 4 QML GUI might be able to run, as the desktop version of the hacked together Harmattan QML components and Qt 4 version of Pyside have long ago bit-rotted away on the desktop.

If it turns out no one is using the old Qt 4 based GUI, I'd like to scrap it, making it possible to remove a sizeable ammount of old unmaintained code from modRana. Related benefits would also be general release-related code simplification and removal of all the Qt 4 related dependencies the modRana package on the N900 drags in & smaller N900 package overall.

Looking forward to your feedback!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: