View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
You mean physical directories? Mine is setup on the SDHC card as..

Music > Artist > Album

So it should be setup already..
It may be because some songs have artist art pointers in their tags or some art is not available somewhere in the tablet.

Because this ID Tag information is never current and rarely consistent over a large collection I end up setting up my directories in a way that makes it easier for me to manually search them. I strip everything but the Title and the Artist Name from the ID Tag, then put a jpg of the artist named cover.jpg in each artist's directory.

Like I said, I could care less which album the song is from so why carry the album art for an album that I may only have 2 songs from.

In any event, MediaBox see's these jpg's and displays them mostly correct.

Apparently though there is a cache that Media Box uses and if you change or add art after you have loaded MediaBox, it doesn't change.

I am hoping pycage can give me a root command that will refresh this cache.

BTW, being able to browse to a folder and play its contents with MediaBox in the future would be great!

I ran MediaBox for four+ hours tonight in a party environment and it was incredibly useful. People who had never touched a tablet before felt right at home scrolling to music they wanted to hear and adding it to the playlist. Music ran continuously. Much like a juke box in a bar.

Unlike a juke box though, when the last song in the playlist was played, MediaBox just kept queuing up the next song in the directory, <This is pretty cool as it needed no interaction in order to keep pumping out sound... unless that last song was from my "Stones" directory. After the 5th song in a row from them (in a directory you know holds 23 more) it kind of forces you to add to the dang playlist in order to keep you wits.

As a result, my next feature request would be the ability to choose "shuffle" or "random" for the songs MediaBox plays after it runs the playlist.

Excellent work!

Thanks to all who are involved.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: