View Single Post
I've been thinking about this a little further:
  • We would ideally have worked out how to flash a N900 board into a state bootable without monitor/keyboard before Neo boards ship. I assume the boards will come with fairly detailed instructions on how to replace a board in an N900, and flashing the old board to be useful would be the first step.
  • I will be taking a job in an organisation affiliated with a university with a brand new rapid prototype and 3D print facility. If the idea of a π900 is viable, I might talk to some engineering students about helping design a 3-D printable housing.
  • Or actually, a range of deigns; a thought based on a half remembered thread about using an N900 as an entry cam led to finding a more releavent one: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86285. A π900 in a weatherproofed casing designed to be permanently affixed to a wall with the power cable coming out the back to go through said wall out of sight, and a "button" designed to set off the accelerometer: you've got yourself a security cam and/or entry-phone, with backup battery and cellular comms in case of power cut for the really paranoid. Of course, it'd need to keep its camera for that: Joerg, would it be possible to order a Neo board with camera prefitted?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: