View Single Post
Originally Posted by doarmihai View Post
okay....after more than a month of research i came to the conclusion that n900 has a problem with the sim card slot. initial it starts as a hardware problem(sim card slot) and than it goes to be a soft error.
all this is because the sim card is moving...or the connections under the slot are bad, when the phone is on.this will trigger the soft error.
if this keeps happening, the error will not allow the recognition of the sim.
when my phone start having the problem, a reboot would fix it.
after a while it was harder and harder to recognize the sim.
eventually it was not recognizing the sim at all.
i got a different phone,but i didn't gave up on n900.
i took the board out, and with a heat gun, i heated around the sim slot, i erase the hole memory, and format it.
after that i had the pleasant surprise of my n900 recognizing the sim, after i month of no sim.
i try to create the problem back, so i can convince that is the slot the problem, and i put the n900 on a table and start pounding the table to create hard vibrations....and then boom...the n900 lost connection, and after i stopped , it came back.
so the problem it is still there with the slot.not as badly
i did put some rubber between the battery and the sim slot ,so it holds it in place good, even in case of hard vibrations.
this is week 2 after i fix my phone, and it performs good
Hello guys...! I bought from my friend an Nokia n900 and until now it worked properly. But 4 days ago it started not recognizing my Sim card.

I flashed my nokia n900, and now it is working, but sometimes when I try to make a call, i see the SimCard icon with the red slash and I am forced to reboot my phone.

I read the posts about this problem, and as I see, my problem is going to be bigger and bigger . And I read your post "doarmihai" and I wanted to ask you, did it still works (if you have it, of course)? Did your method worked? Did you hold the heat gun near the board or far from the board?