View Single Post
Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
OK I have recently joined the broken USB club ( ) . I understand your point about the circuit protection, however I would like you to answer these 2 questions for me.

1. If I developed a circuit board which had the protection your talking about to use these easily accessible points as my new USB connection. Can you detail the entire circuit from the USB cable back to the test points.

2. If there are "easier ways to fix those pads" please detail how you would do it for someone who may not have access to the proper tools, or the small circuit expertise to attempt such a fix.

I have an option of sending away to a U.S. repair company however if it will just break again over time is this a "better solution"?

Please don't take this post as confrontational it really is not meant to sound that way. I just really want a long term solution for my N900. I have been very carefully with my n900 for the last year and a half, I would charge it almost 2x a day. Now I have an external battery charger and a spare battery. However I still haven't figured out a way to easily transfer files to and from my device, Synchronize my contacts, and messages, or flash my device.

I am hopefull I can find, or make a long term solution!
1. I'm new to the forums here, so I hope im not giving you any misinformation (xD). Attached is the section from the N900 schematics related to the VBUS.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vertigodragon For This Useful Post: