View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
actually, they are standard Torx screws. Just get a cheap torx screwdriver and open it up.

if you put in mini/nano sim, it'll be stuck forever!!! and could cause even more damage when trying to remove it
Well, I will have to look around for a torx screwdriver. If it happened a week ago, it would have been an easier task; but now, the closest hardware store has already closed.
The fact is, I have completely destroyed about four Philips screws when using a '+' screwdriver, and I am wary of even touching six-ended-star-screws.
When will a manufacturer produce a phone with multi-use standard screws and make its profit on selling spare parts to people - both do-it-for-money-for-cautious-user professionals and do-it-yourself-at-home hobbyists - instead of considering each phone a separate product incompatible with others?

Thank you for the warning. Yes, it would be nearly impossible to get such a small nano-SIM card out of this slot if it got stuck in it. I was asking about it because it is rumoured to be thinner, and if some soldering changed the slot so that standard SIM would no longer fit into it, the nano-SIM would have still had the chance.

These slots-ports are quite fragile. I am fortunate that micro-USB cable of N900 is wearing out, and not micro-USB port of N900. There was a moment today when I was afraid that the port itself no longer works, but now it's fine and merry.

Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: