View Single Post
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
ok after having quite a good time with touchpad I now felt that ad-hoc tether is not a perfect solution for touchpad afterall.. And I even used cm7 v3.5 but you still need to struggle with ad-hoc there too.. Altho their is also a freeware app that helps you tether ad-hoc but still nothing direct
there are a few problems I found in ad-hoc tethering both in cm7 & webOS
1 the connection fails after its idle for a long time
2 we cannot have secure connection in both android & webOS, not till I wrote this..
3 except for browser no other app will find internet or its browser only internet

BUT THEIR IS A SOLUTION TO GIVE "FULL WIFI INTERNET" TO TOUCHPAD OR ANY OTHER WIFI DEVICE[REQUIRES PC]
the solution is.. Instead if tethering form mobile device we need to tether from PC[Laptop].. And it WiFi Tethere in the way both CM7 & WebOS understands
1 the connection never breaks
2 all the apps finds and use the internet (mail,fb,messengers,HP appstore, android market) you name it
3 its secure
4 WiFi is detected as its suppose to be
Alton there are many apps the one I found WORKING is..
CONNECTIFY-ME
the app is a bliss it easy to configure.. Works on windows7(even on 64bit).. Provides ad-hoc tether too(if you want).. & its free

http://www.connectify.me/

just hit the downloads section... Its a simple installer... And its done...

have a fully working touchpad... Enjoy
:-)
enjoy..
or just get a mobile device that supports wifi tethering in infrastructure mode like the droidx, evo, or veer by default...

The Following User Says Thank You to jschan For This Useful Post: