View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I have had my Nokia N900 for about a year, before it needed a hardware repair - admittedly, due to my own carelessness. It's repaired now, but still, three screws are destroyed, and I cannot risk taking it outdoors. Water-sand-dust-bullet proofness is quickly becoming one of my priorities, along with easy-to-take-apart-repair-and-assemble. There are plenty small scratches on the screen (I should not have put these doorkeys in the same pocket; it was only one time, though), and the speakers are filled with sand (windy weather, sandy beach, photographing, what can I say?). I am frequently afraid of dropping the device into water - especially since I have read how difficult it is to clean the screen afterwards.. And these screws are becoming the worst nightmare: they are soft, rusty, and likely need a special-size screwdriver. Ideally, the screws should be either multi-use, or easy-to-buy-in-any-local-shop.
In contrast, there is a dozen-years old cellphone, waterproof, sandproof, without a scratch on the screen, looking almost new. Admittedly, it has been wrapped in babbles most of the time, from the beginning, but still, it seems to be better suited to the dangers of everchanging environment.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: