View Single Post
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
#1 Differend volume settings for at least ringtones and rest
There are volume sliders in settings if you want some sounds louder. If you limit the device to very very quiet then it won't ring like a vuvuzela. This is desirable.

#2 A back button visible in mircorB fullscreen mode
You have slide to history, and backspace. The device has a keyboard, use it. Plus, the full screen anchor already makes a corner unusable, adding more sort of defeats the purpose of full screen. Add more buttons and you might as well back the background black and call it not so full screen.

#3 Add to playlist, remove from playlist in media player
Native media player is a courtesy. There are fifty players out there. Including a couple of media centers.

#4 A scroll bar for or quick links(scrolling through 5000 images or songs requiers a lot of flicking)
It was never meant to hold and display 5000 images, that's quite a load on a PC, let alone a handheld.

Use a third party viewer or player that makes use of folders. There are several. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's to be stretched to its limit. If you need to mass manage media, choose a mass managing software. Instinctiv is making great strides towards speed and has a cascading by author, album, etc menu.

One needs to choose between a touch, slide, animated UI and the ability to actually manage thousands of items with ease. Most of us don't regret that choice.

We have folders.

Besides, I thought osso-media-player had type-to-search for 5000 songs. And 5000 videos. And file manager.

And images has tag-based filtering, folder-based filtering and date-based filtering.

Besides, with that much data I bet it's slow as hell on index.

5000 images. Well, I can think of only one thing that would require 5000 images. Shame on you.

#5 if Flash 10.1 would actually enable me to watch flash videos it would be nice.
Youtube, as well as several other sites still use older flash. For the rest, there are players that can decode FLV. It's not necessary to run the FP10 player to play the video.

And yes, it would be nice to have FP10. But it's not an update to make it the best ever, because it's a year old. By next year, FP 11 would be out and it would be old again.

What one needs is HTML5, which is open and less time constrained. And it's coming from several sources. Patience.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post: