View Single Post
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by ade View Post
[OT]As I put myself in the last group in this case (ask marmistrz the same question in relation to a more recent sqlite3 version),
I did my steps as agreed upon, the CSSU maintainer(s) should do their part. On one hand commitment is asked for maintenance,
on the other hand no follow up is given. As I said before I do not really care if the clock replacement end up in CSSU, but don't suggest
it is the developer to blame for that.
[/OT]
In this case I'm actually to blame. I promised to deliver a mechanism for ham in order make "optional" cssu packages possible, but never came through. Back then we decided to test that mechanism with the worldclock replacement first.
Sqlite3 is a different beast though, the upgraded sqlite3 requires a newer version of tcl/tk which has braking changes to the older version.
Therefore we'd need a sqlite3 build without tcl/tk (just like the stock maemo one), but that didn't happen.
The other project marmistrz suggested to include to cssu (meego qt libs) is only stalled because of the current upload situation, first the build didn't work, and when I noticed that he fixed that cssu upload was b0rked. It will probably end up in the next sucessfull upload.

And to ruin Estels argument regaring busybox-power, we had a discussion with iDont where he agreed that it's better to keep shipping it via extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post: