Thread: Off-topic...
View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
came across this thread yesterday and the only thing i have been able to figure out about MeR & Co... is that it is not for end-users
This doesn't address the point you're supposedly addressing, at all...

many of the ppl @ Jolla actually developed Fremantle; possibly even "created" it... give them a (2nd) chance, maybe?
Ditto, but to humour you, I'm not saying it won't be substantively open, I hope it will be, but we simply don't know yet.
They've made many statements of intent on "roughly" how open they'd like it to be, but statements of intent are just that, statements of intent.

wild guess?
nope
Google [libhybris jolla]...
o, no, sorry, you don't use Google, do you?
No you're wrong (surprise, surprise), android app compatibility layer != dvr layer, not even close.
There's been some speculation that libhybris may be used to some extent for a dalvik emulation layer, but so far it's no more than that.
You are confusing hw compatibility layers with dalvik emulation layers...
Again, libhybris was originally intended for glibc <-> bionic-c translation for binary blobs & similar level sw, nothing more & nothing less.

And what is wrong with you man, why must you "scatter gun" threads like this all the time.
If you really must redundantly address every single post, at least merge them all into one post, basic etiquette.
Anyway all this is completely off-topic, so any further responses just PM me...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-01 at 04:57.