View Single Post
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I've just installed QuasarMX Beta on N9 PR1.1 and it works fine. Using Denon AH-C710 and the sound quality is very good. I am experiencing a few issues though. I hope we can talk about them in here.
Thanks for testing!

• All items are listed twice (after doing 'scan for music')
Could you please send me the database file in /home/user/.config/Katastrophos Labs/quasar/quasar.sqlite3 to quasarmx@katastrophos.net (big files are okay). This file should help shed a light on why you have duplicates in your playlist.

• If the internet connection is set to "no background transfers" the player does not initiate a new WLAN connection but just infinitely waits doing nothing .e.g if I want to download an album cover or submit listened tracks to last.fm. If the internet connection is set to be persistent so the phone never disconnects from WLAN; stays always online, all works okay.
QuasarMX is very conservative in requesting new connections as I personally find it really annoying when applications constantly ask for internet connections (e.g. Nokia's Mail App). Either way, for imperative operations (e.g. "Download all covers" or Last.fm addon's "Submit now") it actually should ask. Probably fixed in next release.

• Downloaded album covers do not show instantly. The player has to be restarted (unless this is intentional, if so, won't be very useful).
Okay, will look into the issue.

• Accepting album art from local files
Should work out of the box. It looks for image files in the same directory that the music file is in.

• Ability to change playlist order under the list view (the 3rd option)
The playlist management should be completed in one of the next versions. Adjusting the sorting order is one of the features.

I hope to have a new beta ready by Sunday.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I would love to read more feedback or bug reports either here or emailed to quasarmx@katastrophos.net .

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post: