View Single Post
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi,

I've got a sad story for you, but it has a happy ending. On Thanksgiving evening, we were driving between cities. We were listening to the Texas A&M vs Texas game on the car radio and the station started fading. I thought to myself, no problem, I'll just use my handy N900 computer in my pocket to find the game and then broadcast vi FM to continue listening to the game. Well that didn't work out so well. There's no real radio directory that I could find that would work well with the N900. Most wanted to start flash based players. You can guess how that worked out. Suffice it to say that we reached our destination before I got a game playing on my N900.

Seeing the need, I present you with a very minimalistic but capable interface to RadioTime. I'm using kmplayer to play the stations since it's so capable of so many formats. The lightweight interface and kmplayer format compatiblity open up tens of thousands of radio stations for your N900. This also happens to run on Mac and Windows as well but it's not optimized for that.

I was surprised at what RadioTime is capable of. Not only can you search for stations, but also by genres, by location, content playing on stations, podcasts and more.

It's currently available in extras-testing, please vote.

Screenshots below.

Name:  Screenshot-20101207-191147.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  20.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot-20101207-191205.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  22.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot-20101207-191214.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  17.2 KB

Frank

Last edited by Frank Banul; 2011-02-02 at 01:15. Reason: Moved to Extras-testing

The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post: