View Single Post
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Ok, many people have had their N900 a few days or weeks now, and a lot of you have shared your opinions on it. But I'd love to know what have been those moments with the device that have blown you away, made you realise it's a keeper. For me it was these:

- riding home the other day on the bus, I had seven tabs open in the browser. One of those was my bank's site, which is normally impossible to open on a mobile because of a lot of complex drop-down menus. But the N900 handled it no problem. At the same time in another tab I had a streaming video of a conference lecture I wanted to watch. I also had Mauku running, my email being pulled down and a PDF open. I switched effortlessly between them and realised that this would be impossible on 99% of mobile phones on the market.

- second thing was when my wife - who's from Kyrgyzstan - wanted to phone home. Normally she has to go upstairs to use Skype on the computer with the headphones. But I gave her my phone and let her use SkypeOut (the integration of Skype by the way is absolutely awesome), she spoke for a while and said the quality was crystal clear. My son wanted to speak to his grandmother, so I switched it to speakerphone and he had a chat, again wonderful quality. Normally calls to the country are really crackly, but this was much better.

Now, for those who change their phones regularly these may not seem amazing, but this is my first for several years and I am ridiculously happy by some of the things it can do. What things have really impressed you about the N900?