View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I prefer option 2, while configs remain separated the mass storage remains accesible in both.
For most users that's true. But some people (including me) have switched the home and MyDocs partitions. Except for the very few cases of taking photos with my N900 I practically don't use MyDocs.
But these are special cases and Maemo's home can still be mounted elsewhere.

Imagine: What if you have installed program x in maemo and in ED, do they share the same config then?
Theoretically yes. For example I have Chromium installed in ED and Maemo and since the ED version is newer the Maemo version always complains about some incompatibilities (but otherwise works fine).

Estel, I couldn't get your orientation switch working. chmod'ed +rwx
the binary but LXDE wouldn't want to update it's icon nor change orientation when clicked on...
What happens if you call /usr/bin/orientation manually from within roxterm?

Some offtopic: I have another maemo chroot, I always use qchroot and quserchroot to chroot into it, but I would like to have acces to the real MyDocs. What do I need to do to make that happen, looks like I need a small script for that?
Basically all you have to do is mount it somewhere just like it is done in ED. Suppose you want to mount it to /mnt in your chroot and your chroot directory is /home/user/chroot just run this in Maemo:
Code:
mount -o bind /home/user/MyDocs /home/user/chroot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: