View Single Post
Originally Posted by earthwings View Post
Which routing service are you using? Only Monav (offline routing) delivers instructions that can be used for voice guidance. The online services (OpenRouteService and Yours) only have textual instructions.
OK, I will try out later!

Btw., is Marble really checking which services are enabled or not? When "Work offline" is enabled, Marble still seems to use online services when possible. And when all services are disabled, routing still works.

Start mapping them That's the great thing about OpenStreetMap, you can extend it easily.
OSM is not just missing some roads here but whole cities!

Service providers .... Technically that's easy .... Please note however, that using them will likely violate the terms of use of the respective provider! ...
Couldn't this be overcome by giving the user the possibility to add service providers themselves? Then it would be the users committing the violation.
As I said, there are a lot of white spots here and unfortunately I don't have the time to fix them.

Way points can be removed from the routing dialog (the 'clear' button inside the input field).
Ah, that works very well Although it would be nice if the way-points could be removed from the map by clicking on them and choosing "remove" from a pop-up or something (especially since they can be added by simply clicking onto the map). But this is not overly important

Can you describe what you are doing in more detail when it zooms out completely?
That seems to have been a mistake from my side, at least partly. When you enter a starting point and a destination and press "search", the starting point will be looked up first but the destination will not until "search" is pressed again. That led to a route with only a starting point and made Marble zoom to world. It would be nice though if Marble could check all locations at once when pressing "search". (Now that I am re-reading my answer, I assume that the search behaviour is intended, but it took some time to figure out that "search" will not search a route but only one location)

Unfortunately some of the elements used in the overlays (info boxes) handle too many mouse actions by themselves. Especially for labels that's annoying and the reason why e.g. the speed info can only be moved when grabbing it towards the borders.
Yes, I tried it and it works well enough to position them. But the positions do not seem to be saved, even when I lock the elements. Next time I start Marble, all elements are back at their default positions?!

Monav .... That's true for offline search. A case-independent search would be too slow on mobile devices when using sqlite. Online search services should be able to handle it though.
The search itself can be case-dependent, but the search argument could be pre-formatted by Marble. Just convert the first alphabetic character to upper case. this would make typing addresses much easier for users, especially for those who don't know that case makes a difference here.

Monav slowdown .... No, that sounds strange. Does that happen in a reproducible way?
No, right now everything works flawlessly ... too bad

Sorry for being a pain in the ***, but I am really missing a good offline navigation software on my N900 and Mappero looks very promising