View Single Post
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
I see that Maemo5 is @ version 0.4 Any love coming for the poor unwashed Maemo4 masses out here?
No, sorry. It was user 'linuxeventually' who put it in the diablo autobuilder, not me. Maybe you should ask him/her about diablo support I don't even own a diablo device.

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Does anyone else find installing this severely slows down their device?
There are no daemons or anything left running, so if you're the only user experiencing this I'd like to think that the reason for slowdowns is somewhere else

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
One thing i'd like to see though is a true progress bar.

Could be in addition to the current activity ball -- I quite like that as well, but a progress bar has the advantage of giving at least some idea of how long an action is taking/is expected to take.
There is a progress bar for downloads in the latest version. For other operations there is the problem that a progress bar is pretty useless if there's no way to know how long the operation will take before starting it... I'll try if I can do something about it, but some operations like unpacking/removal will definitely have to do with the ball only.

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
It would be great if a package's info screen showed which repository it was being downloaded from. This would be especially useful with upgrades as I don't always want to install Extras-devel updates for some of the apps I use.
This has already been added in the latest version. (It shows multiple repositories if the same version of the package exists in all of them - but that should not matter)

Originally Posted by karatestarfish View Post
It looks at the moment like it won't use system proxy settings, is that correct? This is a pet peeve of mine with the official app manager too, how hard would it be to add this in as a feature?
That depends whether apt-get can be made to use them or not. I'll take a look.

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Will you add sorting?
Sorting is the most I miss from the default Application Manager.
Yes, I'll add sorting. But there's still the problem that there is no date information available in the system for packages that have not been installed. Querying it over http for each package is quite slow.

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I would like FAP to be my default application manager (i.e that FAP starts instead of HAM when statusbar shows upgradable package).
Don't know if that is possible. I might take a look at that when everything else is done.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post: