View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
hi Pali,

first of all thanks for your great work! This is really a step change in the multiboot/boot menu area. Finally something user friendly. And very safe, once your first combined kernel is set up correctly.
I'm sure lother devs will modify their solutions to be usable with this U-Boot solution.

Can I have a few requests ?
- Is it possible to auto boot the LAST selected kernel when booting with keyboard closed ? That way it would only be needed to open the keyboard to select a DIFFERENT kernel, and it would allow to boot every time (with keyboard closed) the previously selected non-NAND kernel.

- when showing the U-boot bootmenu, is possible to increase the timeout value before continuing the default boot? Now it's a v short time it's looking for keystrokes. This can easily be extended to a few seconds I guess.

- maybe I'm running abit ahead but I'm trying to get create an entry to start my NITdroid

What is the syntax for the device specifier in the item for the SD Card, 2nd partition ? U-boot keeps complaining about the incorrect boot device.

I started off with ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk1p2. NO GO.
Then, according to the error message, the device specifier should be in the format 'dev[art]'. U-boot also informed me gently that the current device is mmc0

so trying to be clever, I tried ITEM_DEVICE=mmc1:2. stil NO GO
all other ITEM_ properties I kept as in the multiboot item file.

Any hint u can give ?

PS. Did I already say I really like booting/playing with kernels this way ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post: