View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Excellent candidates.
Additionally, I nominate
  • Jaffa
Thanks for the nomination. I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and not had access to anything beyond my phone. Unfortunately, (and I really mean 'unfortunately'), my phone is a Nexus 5 now. One of my N9s is being used by my son as a media player, the others (including my 64GB blue N9) are gathering 'value' in my electronics drawer. My surviving N900 is doing an excellent job as an SMS gateway: forwarding text messages to my UK number on to my email.

I give this back story to highlight how I'm not longer actively a user of the Maemo-based devices, and so am out of touch with the day-to-day operation of the community. As a Hildon Foundation member, I will be stepping down once the transfer to the e.V. is complete.

Booting one of my N9s and passing it on to my son highlighted the following few things, compared with my Nexus 5:
  • The screen feels really small, and the bezel really big.
  • The form factor is beautiful
  • The screen is beautiful, and highlights the swipe & form factor
  • The haptic feedback on the virtual keyboard is excellent: Android doesn't hold a candle to it, even when the vibration duration is reduced in its advanced settings.
  • The notifications system is significantly better than Android (hopefully improved with the lockscreen notifications in Android L)
  • The UI is more beautiful and consistent
  • The UI is more laggy and stuttery

As ever, as one of the oldest members of the community (I still have access to my ITT account with UID 79), I'll always make time to help out or advise the community including any community member, the council or board; but I no longer have the emotional investment needed to be a council member.

Last edited by Jaffa; 2014-06-29 at 18:53. Reason: Brainfart on BBCode

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: