View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA

Hi,
as everybody is waiting, I thought I'd post some status informations. I'll keep them up-to-date here, so everybody knows what's happening

To-Do:

* Get the final Prototype case (finished and will ship Friday, 6th of March)
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)
* Design the final keyboard layout (needs to be finished when the mould is ready)
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* CE / FCC testing (can be done once the prototype case is here)
* Mass Production testrun for the final boards
* Stability testing (this will be fun)
* Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!

----------------------------------
If I just take these two items:
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)

This is at minimum 50 days from March 6th, I use the low end numbers of 30 and 20 This is like April 25th

Providing they make these dates (track record on dates not so well) and NONE of the other items on that list take any time at all outside the 50 days. It could ship by April 25.

In my personal opinion this is not even close to what the ship date will be. If it were to ship by July I would be surprised. But thats just my two cents.... They have still not even processed the credit card orders.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: