View Single Post
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Offer of SIM tray and USB door in white remains open.
Finally got around to swapping my housing, my SIM-tray hasn't been borked enough to make me do it sooner... I mean, almost a year now? No big deal, right...
Anyway. Replacing the housing was easy enough. But the white USB door just wouldn't stay on when i tried to close it. It would be nice and stuck in the open position, but when one tried to close the hatch it came right off. Probably something i did, but i ended up not using the white USB cover, and SIM tray.

Oh. And of course. At this point, i realized i had a completely different issue. I'm going to assume it's something with the connectors, or a bad solderjoint / trace. The SIM card wouldn't show up. Pulled the screen of again, and sort of "looked at it" not really doing anything, like that would fix anything, ever.
Went on the infamous Interwebz, and googled the **** out of "Nokia N9 no SIM". Apparently there is some magic voodoo going on, requiring you to press down on chips, and massage connectors. So i grabbed a bag of chips, and practically stood on it, before i figured they meant the stuff on the PCB. So now i have bits of potato everywhere, but i sort of rubbed the RF shielding and the connectors in the phone a little, and, before slamming the screen in it's place, tried with the SIM card. Apparently a bit of loving did it, now it works. For how long, who knows. I don't have any intention of trying to reflow this thing, so if it starts acting up, it gets retired in favor for a new phone.

So lets hope this lasts a few months more at the very least. I like my N9, even if it's primitive as ****, with todays standards.
B!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post: