View Single Post
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by phr View Post
It's nice you're doing this. The builtin camera app has an annoying, loud shutter sound when you take a picture, that seems impossible to turn off, some requirement of European phone cameras I think. Does cameraplus have a way to turn off that sound? I'm looking at the code a little and see an m_muted flag, but am not sure. It looks like the app mostly makes calls on a QtCamera object that I've found some docs for but whose capabilities are a little bit hard to figure out. This looks really cool though. I hadn't looked into the camera programming interface before now. You've got me wanting to hack on camera code.
Stock camera app plays the shutter sound because it's a requirement in some countries but you can switch that off by removing the sound file completely ;-)

As for camera+, there is an option in settings (tap the bottom left arrow to expose the toolbar then tap the menu icon on the right) and deactivate "enable camera sounds".

There is unfortunately no way to selectively enable and disable sounds. It's either all or none.

QtCamera is part of the C++ library I've created and unfortunately there is not much documentation. I can however help you to get started. The library and QML bindings are also meant to be usable by others to create applications.

It's still incomplete but I am enhancing it over time

I'm now working on front camera support.