View Single Post
800x480 is pretty low. Its not difficult, but there's just not much pixels to work with.
And on a 7" screen, it makes things even worse. Apparently the Hyundai A7 lies, has a 768x480 screen, so its even worse.

I would say a 7" tablet needs at minimum a 600p since the screen is the most important aspect of the device, but then again quality doesn't matter as its a budget gadget.

There's a few people claim it has the A10 chip. This is a good chip, what the minimum you should expect for Android. Any cheap Chinese craplet manufacturer I've seen has ALWAYS advertised that it has the chip. NO EXCEPTIONS. Another point is that all Allwinner A10 tablets come with either a 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz advertising, this one only states 1GHz. Another indicator is that all A10 chips are capable of handling 2160p resolution, this one is limited to 1080p, which is half of that (a big difference). I think either this manufacturer is stupid (and wrote the information wrong), or you've been purposely mislead.

Why is it labeled as Android 4.0 ICS ? Have a look at all the pictures, that is not ICS. That is Gingerbread. And there's a mountain of difference between the two, when it comes to usage on tablets, trust me.

The HDMI is fullsized, not micro, which is better for you.
I'll repeat myself, 4GB is enough, but you wont be able to load much/anything on the device. They will have to go on the microSD card, which means even slower performance.

I have just flashed my NOTE back to stock rom without any Apps. Device has a 16GB NAND, the System Storage takes away ~600MB, leaves a Total Space of 11.07GB, and the Available space is 9.12GB. So you can calculate that just Android itself uses roughly 2.46GBs. If your device has 4GB NAND, you should then have only ~2.8GB Available space. Deducting the 2.46GBs......meaning you should have only 100-700MB of storage for your Apps/Pictures/Music/Videos.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: