View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Ok, here I am. I volunteer to do a Windows MCE remote - because that's the project I wanted to start anyway! (But that was at the back of my project queue, first multi-DSLR shutter, then auto-recaller...)
However, I'm not sure if these things still fit the widget class or if it wouldn't be better to have an app.
Ok, some basic instructions to get going:
  • Download the IR code file from www.lirc.org/remotes/ and save it as "codes"
  • Create a background image to be used as UI (save as bg.png)
  • For each button, create a rectangle line in the "rects" file (see below)
  • For each button, create an overlay as <buttonname>.png that highlights the button
  • Save the remote name (has to be the same as in the "codes" file) in the "name" file

Now, for the rectangles, the format is simple: {buttonname} {x1} {y1} {x2} {y2}

The {buttonname} should be a valid button (IR code) in the "codes" file.

The upper left corner of the button is (x1,y1) and the lower right corner of the button is (x2,y2). You can have multiple rects for each button to create better regions for the remote.

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
And yes, the name is creative, but unpractical. Also, in terms of midterm attractivity, it might be better to rename it as "meemote" or so
We can rename the thread to Raemote (Moderators: Please rename this thread to "[ANNOUNCE] RaeMote for the N900 (Apple Infrared Remote)") No "MeeMote" or "ReeMote" (or MeeRote..). We are still living in Maemo times, and we can still rename the widget when MeeGo comes out.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: