View Single Post
OSM2Go in the maemo repos no longer woks properly because the number of nodes on OSM has exceeded 2^31; the possibility of this is commented in the code.

The original author, TIll Harbaum said a couple of years ago he was moving onto other more popular projects and has just confirmed to me by email he has recently retired his N900, so has no real drive to come back to the project, which is fair enough. He is happy for others to take on the maintainer mantle.

Someone from the OSM community has fixed the problem and posted his version on github, but stated "maemo packagers wanted".

I would like to get a working version a. on my N900 (yes, I'm selfish!) and b. available in the repos (but not entirely so). Unfortunately I lack the experience to do either - my programming experience is limited some real-time stuff during my engineering degree back in the dieing days of the 20th century. So I'm wondering if anyone could either talk me through how to compile the github version for my own use (starting from scratch on a windows laptop or from a thumb-drive booted linux) or would be willing to package and push the fixed version for us all to share.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: