View Single Post
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Seriously Kimmoli, if the software side works correctly, then I'll give my kidney for one..
And what i'm expected to do with that?

To get all of these i will need someone to help with the sw...

• 1. notifications (like for the OLED);
    Can be done
  • 2. ability to automatically send to eInk what was displayed on the main screen when you pressed power key to lock it (this will not close applications like the swipe down), this way you can easily chose what to display on eInk while saving power in only one move; let's say that locking the main screen with the swipe down (from homescreen/lockscreen/launcher) would rather trigger the aforementioned "notification" mode, so that both modes can be achieved easily without menus or options;
    # Would only send static display, no videos of course, but that wouldn't be a problem as eInk is not made for dynamic content
    Need to get powerbutton event, make screencapture, rescale it, dither to monochrome, send it to the screen...sounds like python and pil ...
  • 3. ability to automatically display certain files to the eInk (epubs, etc.);
    # Might be useless if the above can be achieved
    Maybe it could work like "share with toh" ??
  • 4. ability set eInk "dynamic" usage on/off by running the TOHeInk app, i.e., make Sailfish understand that the user is currently using eInk as main display: when on, you can use hardware volume keys to turn pages of the PDF or ePub (or scroll a webpage?) that was displayed fullscreen when you pressed the power key to transfer the display and lock the LCD (see #2 feature).
    This is too difficult, to make eInk to be main display. Maybe a eReader app could be done to view text-files.
    Other needs rendering of content or to be done by the screencapture-rescale-dither method (which results loss of details (e.g. thin texts will be lost)

It is time for scotch-tape-proto ...lets connect that 2.7" display to the phone...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post: