View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
HOT DAMN!!!!!!
I was about tho throw the pebble into a desk for the night.
But I checked the cfg file in leafpad and there was a doubled up :: in the MAC again, fixed that reren pebbled and BLAM connected!!
Now, while I see data in the log passing by listing music playing the music player control is NOT working nor reporting on the pebble, trying some test emails.
But the link is up!!
more stuff to figure out.
(removing long distracting posts of me following cold trail)

(edit)
!!I can futz with the media player volume!!
other media controls throw this error
Code:
TIME
_send_message
response
size 1
endpoint 32
event 4
media_next
sh: can't create /tmp/oscp-user/oscp.slave: nonexistent directory
media_status
_send_message
MUSIC_CONTROL
(edit)
So
Code:
chmod 777 -R  /tmp/oscp-user/
might let the OSCP-user command go through but I do not think it changed the track at all, there was twice where maybe, and the song/track is not displayed on the Pebble.

But big thankst to Proprog we have something very cool, just be sure if you are having problems that
1-the Pebble pairs in a way that is unusual
2-Be 100% sure of the MAC address and put Maebble.cfg in /home/user/.config/maebble/
3-try to re-download the actual python files, they might have been corrupted in download, unzip, re-transmit, during a bad shutdown, or when I was moving them around.
4-re-read the thread
5-The Pebble and N900 are only really connected when the daemon(maebbled) is running

There is more to do and I thank Proprog all the patience as I was wasting time chasing nonexistant problems.

(edit) Even though fitbit bought Pebble's partly closed source assets, there is now Rebble a FOSS firmware project in the works for those of us who care about that stuff, looks like there might be geeks at Fitbit who do as they have released some methods of bypassing the old Pebble app store.
https://rebble.io/

Last edited by biketool; 2017-09-03 at 20:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: