View Single Post
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to give some updates:

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Normally when the Nemo rootFS is extracted to device partition, all the files needed to boot it up (including the most recent kernel at the time of package creation) are set to correct locations.
This is why ubiboot refers to the Nemo kernel as "/boot/Nemo/boot/bzImage", which in turn is the symlink inside Nemo to the vmlinuz-2.6.32.xxxxxxxx in the same directory.

It just works, out-of-the-box.

One thing, when you say the device "turns off after Nemo boot", did you check that it did not actually start Nemo, but without GUI?
If you plug the device in USB, if the IP interface appears on your computer, you can configure, for example 192.168.0.100 as the IP address there and SSH as root to your Nemo in 192.168.2.15

If that happens, rebooting the device should get you GUI on the next boot.

BTW, can you check the ubiboot logs on Harmattan side /var/log/ubiboot.log and /var/log/ubiboot.dmesg. From there you can see if there was some problem in the kernel selection.
@juiceme: I tried to replicate by deleting the "bzImage" file (which is originally "vmlinuz-2.6.32.20130129.1-n950") that I got from Nemo's /boot partition and saved in /boot of Harmattan's partition to see if Nemo will still boot up (i.e. Nemo install with Ubiboot should work out-of-the-box without this copy-paste step). I can confirm that I am able to boot to Nemo with Ubiboot.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Another oddity report:

I already mentioned about missing UI bug when device is charging in actdead mode and an alarm is triggered. No chance to stop/snooze
Today I did not get any alarm at all. Reason (confirmed) was that I did shut down device from Nemo.
Like: Nemo booted, shut down, device off > no alarm

With Nidroid it was a bit different (not yet confirmed):
boot nit shut down, device off, 2s alarm rin and then device did shut down on its own again

This would need a lot of testing.
Just wanted to inform you to take care that you boot to jarmattan when you have the need for reliable alarm (wake ups)!

Maybe we can add a section to wiki to list all that stuff?
@peterleinchen: I added a section in the Wiki.

All: I reorganized the WIki a bit. Please review and let me know your thoughts.

1. Removed "FINAL STEPS" since I have confirmed that Nemo works out-of-the-box. No need to copy-paste "vmlinuz..." in Nemo's /boot partition to Harmattan's /boot partition.

2. Flashing tip that flashes the device to "Open-Mode" right from the start - I moved this to the "Prerequisites" section, and edited the process a bit to be more descriptive.

Apologies it is taking time to finish the video tutorial...too many chores at home and at work.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2013-06-30 at 07:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: