View Single Post
Ok guys, i just could have had one of my pink-painted/ nonsense ideas. However i would like to share this psychosis with you all.
The topic about fundraising for Cepi make me think that it would be beautiful if we could attract devs to spend more of their free time doing great apps and task like ones already completed/WIP, but not for free (since we really appreciate their work and we want to support their efforts and why not, let them earn something if they deserves). On the other half... ops, i mean,hand ...we know that some features we want are still missing, and not all features are desired the same.
I am trying to imagine a system where there is an account (for collecting funds and donation) and a list of features/apps wanted but also where anyone can straightly targeting their money on one or more feature of that list, and of course, suggesting new features. for every features would be indicated also the amount of money collected/donated for that task.
The developer who will be able to reach that task, providing that feature, will be thanked with that amount of money (or products)

for example:

List: amount/prize:

app for do task -- 100 eur
feature Y improving -- 70 eur + a nokia n9 (donated)
patch for Z -- 5 eur
protocol of system M -- 70 eur+ lastucover for tab()
icon for F -- 21 eur + poppy red TOH
porting of an app E to sfos -- 90 eur
porting sailfish to device D -- 170 eur + Blow.jobTOH
app for counting sheeps -- 0 eur

then, if user Averageuser really want the first object of the list being completed, he can donate 5 eur, specifying for what task.

So the ask "app for doing task X" would increase from 100 to 105 eur.
So if user Averagedev manage to complete that task, he will granted with the prize.

At the same time, if no one wished having the "app for counting sheeps" this would stay at 0 and of course, no devs will want to implement it.

please, let me know what do you think about this...
i am perfectly ok with critics if limit of such a way is kindly argumented and explained. And even if you think i am just going out of mind and i had better to go back playing to candy crush, please be polite and nice

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2016-01-17 at 20:35.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post: