View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Hifo agreed with council on this "company model" as of last section,
So whats the bs of this not being the correct way, You say yourself that HiFO handed over their obligations to eV

and accepted that usually it's council that suggests what to do
and HiFo has no power over council and community and usually is supposed to execute what THE COMMUNITY (represented by council) asks for (unless illegal).
Above is contradictionary and not consistent. 1) You say that council suggests to HiFo and in 2) yoy say that HiFo has no power over council

Why does any e.V need to abolish that and instead have an unelected group of privileged members called GA, appointed (or rejected!!!) by some unelected self-appointed entity inside the e.V. which are deciding instead of THE MAEMO COMMUNITY?
the GA actually is the registered members, not only a few people, every member can participate in the GA meetings and this way have their voices heard

I don't see why any e.V cannot act exactly like the HiFo concept we publicly discussed and agreed upon.
We agreed, and you didnt comment beside in first place accepting, but later started a rattle on how this is all wrong

You need a GA? fine! have a 6 members that are authorized by elections forming that GA, and make them promise to always listen to THE MAEMO COMMUNITY and not start own activity abusing their privileged position.
No, the GA is all Maemo members, so it is not a priviledged position

after all they are supposed to be members of the community and not elected to be the (lifetime) emperors of (the huge discriminated rest of) community
Exactly

Last, You state these paragraphs that I quoute is giving suggestions to how to move on. I cant find one single statement in above that is a constructive way to move forward. It is, again, only neglecting the hard work being done by eV board and council.
Slowing the progress and creating a hinderance to move forward. As you say, endagering the existance of this community by slowing down the work that is needed to continue.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: