View Single Post
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
first of all, it doesn't seem to be related to porting Maemo to Neo900 - Neo900 thread itself sound like better place to ask such question.

Now, I don't really see such thing necessary. Consider price range of Neo900, we can expect that majority of people buying it are already much involved into Maemo community (or going to be involved soon ), be it as volunteer work for keeping Maemo infra up, cash donations, or working hard on Maemo-related projects.

I don't think that rising price just to *force* every Neo900 buyer to make a donation is good idea.

/Estel
Thanks, I thought that thread was for hardware ideas and this for software.. anyway if admin wants it move/delete feel free.

PS, I don't agree.
maemo was pimped out to jolla (ie support/advertising/facebook etc for what return? nothing!).. and now this... i don't agree.

I don't know how the finance side is going on maemo.org but if it's not supported financially then there's a chance we'll have no forum/repos for N900/neo900.

I was thinking even a tockenistic gesture.. ie 10USD or 1% ..
i think it's a small price to pay to show support, give credit for our HW and SW (maemo.org).

Anyway

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post: