View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
There are a couple of forward-portable things I'd like to see implemented for Bugzilla:

First, the guided submission wizard will make both reporters' and triagers' lives much easier. Make it easy to submit useful bugs, everybody's happier and it's something we can easily take to MeeGo.

Second, and somewhat out-of-scope, I'd like to see an API and some software for collecting bug reports from within the software, while making sure we avoid the pitfalls of something like Bug Buddy.

Finally, from the community-side, I'd love to see some more structure and cheerleading to get more people involved with the bugsquad. An overwhelming portion of the triaging load is falling to paid positions (which there's nothing wrong with per se, but combined with the large volume of reports, and the limited number of paid people, it's less-than-optimal), and having more traigers looking at things will improve bug quality, reduce workloads for everybody and allow paid people to focus on higher-level stuff that they're more often the bottleneck for.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: