View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
So maybe to still grab that feature it might be possible to add a (large) capacitor to keep the device going for 2-5 seconds?
In my understand, a large capacitor might not be enough - not sure if user can always perform the swap that quick. It's no good if he drops the phone in a hurry

In general capacitors are combined with "cold swap", in contrast of "hot swap" which directly changes battery.

Cold swap normally needs to set the device into hibernation first, then change battery, then wake the device and resume from where it was left. It require certain effort from software as well, but in this case a large capacitor is enough powering the time.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
On screen resolution, please go with fhd 1920x1080.
I own moto z as you know and the 2k screen is useless apart from showing off, viewing photos and playing games maybe but obviously drains the battery more in any situation due to more effort to render up to 4x more pixels than fhd depending on actual resolution.
Also in arm length distance there is absolutely no difference to make out imo.
I personally never understands the needs of 2K screen on a handheld, apart from drain more battery and put more pressure on GPU. The pixel depends on which type of screen is used but with 5.5-6 inch even with pentile I can hardly see any visible pixels (maybe I'm getting old haha) I completely agree with you on this. And I don't know why the mainstream uses 2K screen on high-end (even some 4K ) and even some tech bloggers review 1080p device screen as a con instead of a pro... Microscope eyes

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: