View Single Post
Thanks for your fast reply, and it's nice to hear that you're advancing with books

I wonder, do we have any information on old disciplines? From source materials, it looks like kai disciplines shouldn't count anymore, and only mangakai ones are of any value.

Of course, it's quite silly - there is no reason why our hero should lost old knowledge, just because he learned 3 mangakai proficiency. So, your approach to make it work in more logical way (new ones "upgrade" old ones, if present) is appreciated.

OTOH, I wonder - if author really wanted to make old disciplines disappear, aren't we going to make game too easy (due to hero mad eon book 1 having 90% of old kai disciplines present)? Also, I wonder - for plot-only disciplines like Animal Kinship, is there any use for them in books >=6, or all checks take only Animal Control into account?

Of course, same apply to mind over matter vs Nexus, etc. Tracing it would help us to determine, if we should just scrap any old disciplines as non-existing since book 6 (if they're never used in checks for books 6 and above), or they have place to "live" (because sometimes, books check for presence of "old" ones).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!