View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Continued from previous post.

But what are these? Wrong fs type? Fstab. What is fstab? Googlegooglegoogle. Leafpad /etc/ etc. etc. and copy parameters from the net to get all rights in fstab and to have mounbt point there with all rights. Now it should work. Sudo mount loop… No. The whole partition vanished from the folder tree. Remove the parameters. But now I see there is suddenly many different folders on /media. I have created many virtual mounting disks without anything inside! And because they have got different names by my machine and I had got no clue of it I have tried the mounting with every time wrong mounting point path and it has created always a new one!

Use bleachbit with sudo and try to get rid of them and reboot and reconnect sdcard. Hah! They are gone! Let’s look inside sdcard. Nothing there. Back to media - and the wrong virtual disk folders are there again! NOOOO!!!! Googlegooglegoogle. Install pmount. No. Install kpartx and use with -a img but not undestanding what to do then. Just made some new mounting points and dev loops. Googlegooglegoogle. Rm devloop rm devloop rm devloop.

I give up! I try on windows. Download img file. Install 7zip. Un tar. Un zip. Un zip. It’s two a.m. and gonna wake up at six to work. And the 7zip is not doing it right. It needs to be done with losetup loop cause the img is a bit defferent. Sleep 4 hours. To work, open computer and start all over again. Doing same stuff. Nothing works. On a cafe next to me sits a guy, little over weight, hooded, beard, strong glasses. ”Are you a linux user?” Yes! OK, look, when I do this nothing happens as it should. ”Try typing this and that...” Guy looks how I try to find the right keys from a keyboard. ”Yes, I’m trying to install this hacker stuff on my phone”. I’m very convincing hacker. He starts to show me how I can use the keys in terminal to fill line with one clicks and stuff. A wizard! Never learned that magic! But no. Only thing I got from him was one humiliation more. At last think of updating system. On a cafe. With n900 hotspot. 2 hours just watching! After that went to spend time with my friend and decided to upgrade too. 3 hours! Now have spent on trying to sudo mount /dev/loop0 the content of the img to sdcard about 20 hours all together. Still not getting it done. But I have too partitions on sdcard. On the first is well working jessie through easy debbie (after I messed that up many times getting libc6 errors and many more after tried to first upgrade to get telegram desktop work without understanding what am I doing and then when I tried to install kali tools with katoolin by changing repos to kali sana without any success to get anything work).

Tomorrow is a new day. I will erase the whole sdcard, make one partition and start all over again. Maybe it was because of the block numbers of the partition? Who knows. I know only that I don’t.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: