View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I would say the Pro1x from IGG is a very good N900 replacement with keyboard, multiple OSes and soon multiboot, mainline progressing significantly (hence hope for Maemo Leste) and chroot/LXC like EasyDebian. However shipping time is important for you now that your main phone died, so that won't really work. Christmas perks are all sold, and I am afraid it won't be easy to find one on the forum since there were only 10. If you like it, it could be worse buying a cheap phone in the mean time until the Pro1x is shipped next year.

I can see myself still using a Pro1 in years unless they make a Pro2, which is something that very much reminds me of my N900 too.

You can find videos from Netman, Mosen and I (Netman and Kib nicknames on YT). They're not professional videos, but we all have been using ours for one year and different uses (Android. Sailfish, Sailfish + Debian). Also we're TMO people, so for you it may give a better idea of what to expect than reviews made by Android pros who don't care much about keyboards or alternate OSes, and haven't use the phone for long.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-12-06 at 22:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: