View Single Post
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Don't get me wrong, this project is very attractive to me and money is not the most important factor for me. What I'm primarily looking for is a solid OS base, potentially in the form of Fremantle rebased over Debian. I would be very willing to help with that too (time permitting). Give me that as a first-class OS and I would pay more for the Neo900 than the Jolla device, even if it's only going to have 512MB RAM.

One of the reasons I'm keen on this is so that we can have an up to date, stable OS where we leave the maintenance of the core OS to the Debian community so the Neo900 communitity can then concentrate on hardware adaptation and Frematle specific stuff.
This is the main problem I believe, new HW is not going to bring newer libc/glibc/libglib... The most limiting factor of current N900. While a bit faster execution would be VERY welcome, we're still stuck in a few year old ecosystem (could we change the poll to allow modifying votes cast? My 750 vote is waay over reality after the initial YEEEAAAH! moment)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: