View Single Post
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Ok, I didn't want to inspire generic disappointment: as GA wrote, certain parts are more likely to be properly handled with Bugzilla, other aren't.
When I speak I tend to refer to my POV, which is quite low level respect to the whole Maemo stack and, being more tied to the HW, is also probably of less interest to the Maemo community, for what i have seen.

Maybe it would make more sense that the Bugzilla components for the Kernel and similar low level items are made available only once the device&related SW are actually out in the hands of the consumers.

Anyway, being these components more generic, our developers are more likely to interact in the proper discussion places, rather than in some Maemo related website.
The kernel is a good example for this.

Therefore I invite whoever wants to do serious development in such low level areas - as Jaffa was suggesting - to not bother with Maemo and instead to join the real community for the omap kernel or whatever is the more appropriate one for the itch that is going to be scratched.

The goal is to have every major project to be compilable and runnable on our devices without need for patching or hacking the community code.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to igor For This Useful Post: