View Single Post
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
I just did a fresh install of 2.1.2.3 and OTAed to 2.1.3.7 and everything is working as expected including GPS. On my old installation GPS was broken since the early 2.1.x builds, maybe i messed something up in the config files. I did not mention this in the opening post, since i didn't know if this problem did appear on all installations or if it was simply my phone which didn't work well.
So, if you update, give some feedback to the forum, so that others now if everything is working.

@matemana

Glad everything is working now Could you please report back after you OTA if everything works as expected?

Do you have the files in /persist/sensors?
What does 'devel-su systemctl status sensorfwd.service' say?
I think my report will simply not be true for others. It's something with my phone being not normal. Since i checked GPS and it did not work too and that systemctl sensorsfd command gave that it did not find sensors. I found that some files related to sensors are on that /persist partition. I do not know how to fix that. Tried your link and found one other but it did not work. It simply removes all the files i put in /persist after reboot.

Now i installed the original android nexus 5 came with 4.4 and i have the same issue with mac address changing on every reboot. /persist is empty there are no files. Here is ls

Code:
~ # cd persist/
/persist # ls
/persist # ls -la
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for localtime!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root             0 Jan  4  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   24 root     root             0 Jan  4  1970 ..
But rotation does work and other sensors too! I do not know what to do else...

I did not have these issues on this phone when 2.0.4.13 was the latest version for it. I do not blame newer image i just said when i did not have these problems

P.S. boy android 4.4 is fast it boots in 17 seconds

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post: